From PropertyMinder WIKI
To prepare a property photo for the web please follow the instructions:
- We recommend that you start by creating a file/directory on your computer called "My Listings".
- Save ALL your images in this file/directory so that they will be easily accessible when you are ready to upload them to your website.
- Before you can add photos to the website, please prepare and save them in the proper format:
- 320 pixels (4.444") - WIDTH
- 240 pixels (3.333") - HEIGHT
- Resolution: 72 dpi (dots per inch)
- File Type: JPEG (jpg)
You can change the size of the picture yourself using the Paint (Microsoft Windows Paint) application. If you have a relatively new version of windows you should have it on your computer. Windows 2000, ME and XP have it.
To change the size of the picture yourself:
- On the bottom left corner of your screen, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint.
- The paint application will open on your screen.
- In Paint, click on File and select Open.
- In the Open dialog box change the value for "Files of Type" to JPEG (or the type of file that you have, it might be Bitmap, GIF, JPG). If you do not have this option for
"Files of Type" then your windows is too old.
- Navigate to the place on file system where the file is saved and open it. You should see your picture occupying a large portion of the screen.
- Click on Image (menu item) and select Stretch/Skew...
- On the opened dialog box change Stretch values to be less than 100%. We suggest that you start with 50% and then change it if needed.
- Use "Save As:" (Under File menu) instead of Save. Using "Save As:" will keep your original picture unchanged but will create a new file of a smaller size.