Blackberry PDA email setup
From PropertyMinder WIKI
Here is the link for the Blackberry site where the user will need to go to setup their Blackberry email account:
Note: You can either setup the email through the actual Blackberry Device or you can scroll to the bottom of this page and find the users Service Provider and you will be taken to a link to login. The user will need their Blackberry user login and password.
Once you enter the online setup, you will need to enter in the username and password for their email account and the site will do the verification.
Depending on your business and personal email requirements, you may choose from two options for setting up your email on your BlackBerry device:
BlackBerry Internet Service
Your BlackBerry smartphone allows you to send and receive email from up to 10 supported email accounts. Setup is simple. You can do it online at your computer, or right from your smartphone*.
To configure your email accounts directly from your BlackBerry smartphone, refer to the Getting Started Guide specific to your wireless service provider included in the device box documentation. Otherwise, you can follow the generic setup instructions below.
Get set up on your BlackBerry smartphone
View an interactive demo to find out how to set up your email on your smartphone or follow these instructions:
- To get to the email setup site:
- If there’s an Email Setup option on your smartphone’s home screen, click it.
- Alternately, there is a setup wizard on the device which will either start automatically the first time you turn on your smartphone, or will be featured as an icon on the home screen of your smartphone. When you reach the email setup screen of the setup wizard, select I want to create or add an email address.
- Click Next.
- To accept the terms of the license agreement, select the I have read and understand the End User Agreement option or check box. Click I Agree.
- To integrate an email address you already use, enter your full email address and the password for that email account.
- Click Next. The site will confirm if the email address has been successfully added. Then click OK.
- If you want to create a new email address for your BlackBerry smartphone (e.g. email@example.com), you will need to do one of the following, depending on your smartphone:
- Click Create a BlackBerry email address
- Click I would like to create a new BlackBerry email address
- Then, type the user name that you want to appear before the @ sign in your new BlackBerry email address.
- Click Next, followed by OK.
- To return to the setup wizard, click Log Out or Close.
Get Set Up from Your Computer
Select your wireless service provider below to be taken to the BlackBerry® Internet Service website to set up your email accounts. United States
- ALLTEL Communications, Inc.
- Cbeyond Communications, Inc.
- Cellular South, Inc.
- Cincinnati Bell Wireless, LLC
- Dobson Cellular Systems, Inc.
- Edge Wireless, LLC
- HELIO, Inc.
- Nextel Operations, Inc.
- NTELOS Communications Inc.
- Sprint Spectrum L.P.
- SunCom Wireless Operating Company,
- TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
- United States Cellular Corporation
BlackBerry Enterprise Solution
Use the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server option to associate your smartphone with a Microsoft® Outlook, IBM® Lotus® Notes® or Novell® GroupWise® work email account and to take advantage of advanced wireless data synchronization capabilities.
If your system administrator has provided you with an enterprise activation password, you can set up email using this option by selecting 'I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server' in the setup wizard on your smartphone. If you do not have an enterprise activation password, contact your system administrator.